- Greyhound Gap – a homing and fostering charity: www.greyhoundgap.com
- York based greyhound friendly dog walking, pet visiting and home boarding service for greyhounds only: York Walkies
- Lurcher Link – voluntary organisation whose aim is to try to save lurchers’ lives by liaising between rescues, stray pounds and members of the public: www.lurcher.org
- York RSPCA Animal’s Home – independently funded animal welfare and rehoming charity: http://www.rspca-yorkhome.org.uk/
- MeggieMoo – make beautiful sight hound collars, leads, harnesses and other treats that any self respecting greyhound and lurcher *needs*! www.meggiemoo.dk
- Patch’s lovely mum isn’t just Patch’s lovely mum – she’s only one of Yorkshire’s most talented dog photographers and she does loads of stuff for houndy charities so she is our hero!! The Phodographer York
- Check out Dogs n Dubs for some really fantastic clothing with a ‘greyhoundy’ theme (and loads of other dogs and cool things too!)
- The Barking Lot – independent pet food and pet toy shop based in Wetherby – worth a visit.
- Tower Veterinary Practice help us out every year by sponsoring a category in our dog show and kindly allowing our volunteers to use their car parking spaces.
Supporters of our walks
- The Fulford Arms – our hosts and a very lovely pub indeed. http://www.fulfordarms.co.uk/
- Pets At Home on Foss Island Road have a lovely manager called Chris who has supported the York GBGW from the very first year – we like him a lot!!
- Terence Michael Photography – responsible for the fab group photo on our home page – http://terencemichaelphotography.com/
- Molly Maid have always supported our walks by sponsoring a category in the fun dog show which makes them a good York company as far as Team Pointy Dog are concerned!!
- Scarves & Scents are supporting the walk this year and sell some beautiful scarfs (and scents…..!) many of which have a doggy theme so they make fantastic presents for dog loving friends. And after all, who would want to be friends with someone who doesn’t love dogs? They are fab and have donated a lovely raffle prize for our GBGW 2014!!!
- Dannie Lea Hair & Beauty York have also supported our walks for the last few years. This is a very cool hairdressing salon in York which opens late on Thursdays and Fridays and is also open on Sunday. They even have a license so you can sit and be pampered over a glass of wine. The owner just happens to be ‘dad’ to two very gorgeous black labradors who Tina is special friends with!
- We love the people at Burgess Pet Care who have been so generous giving us lots of treats and prizes for our 2014 raffle as well as sponsoring a category in our dog show and making a cash donation to our nominated charity for this year!
- MyPawsOn is a new pet social networking website. Because they’re based in York and they’re good people, they are supporting our 2014 GBGW. Have a look at the website and have fun registering your dog to have a chance of winning some prizes.
- Leading the Pack create beautiful bespoke items for dogs and cats. Lucky for us they just happen to be local and have supported the walk for the last two years.
Nice people doing nice things
- Florin Decorative Arts is another string to the bow of two of team Pointy Dog – lovely things for lovely people.
- Sophie Cottam MUA is a rather lovely make up artist who is available for weddings, proms etc, and she is also a dog person, so you know what that means! She went above and beyond the call of duty in persuading Fenwick of York to donate some fantastic raffle prizes for us so we like her even more because of that!